In order for the NEXTLAW GLOBAL REFERRAL NETWORK LLC (“NETWORK”) to function in support of the benefit of all our members, we adhere to a strict, high-integrity set of principles and policies. In short, these policies have been designed to be transparent, while balancing the optimal performance of NETWORK with the protections of each and every member.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Contact Information
- International Data Transfer
- California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you when you use NETWORK. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide functionality, improve quality, personalize your experience, track usage, provide feedback to third party businesses, display relevant advertising, market NETWORK, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance security, and comply with legal obligations. Eventually we may use data to create value in which member firms may participate.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account, we may store and use your law firm’s name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account. You can modify some of the information associated with your account. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account, you can request its removal.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account and/or use certain features, you may be opting to receive referrals from other NETWORK users. You can manage some of your messaging preferences, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional or legal messages from NETWORK. These so-called transactional emails are necessary to maintain the NETWORK’S ongoing operating functionality. If you exchange messages with other law firms through NETWORK, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of NETWORK. We may store information that you provide through communications to NETWORK, including information received from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person.
- Transactional Information: If you initiate or accept a referral through NETWORK, we may collect and store certain information about you. NETWORK does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of NETWORK, such as your search activity, the law firms you view and the date and time of your visit. We may also store information provided by your computer or mobile device in connection with your use of NETWORK, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon-based location, and GPS location) and requested and referring URLs.
It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
3. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information contained on NETWORK. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. CONTACT INFORMATION
Data Privacy Officer
NEXTLAW Global Referral Network LLC
601 S. Figueroa St., Suite 2500
Los Angeles, CA 90017
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
8. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
NETWORK does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly or indirectly marketing their services to you unless you first agree in writing to such disclosures. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed above in Section 5.
Copyright © 2017 Nextlaw Global Referral Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.